Sunday 24 November 2013

CAPTURING THE CUTIE

As every aspiring photographer, I am also crazy to photograph birds.

Luck favoured me to capture every moment of bird life in my house itself, instead of travelling length and breadth to quest for the nests.

As my residential locality is blessed with lot of trees (but now-a-days many of them vanishing!), it makes a haven for bird life.

I have often watched one variety of sun bird coming to my house garden to get some feeds.

This tiny bird can be spotted in the foothills of the Western Ghats, but it is difficult to photograph as its movements are very sharp and swift and flies in a flash of a second.

One day, serendipitously I noticed that it was starting to build a nest. Both the male and the female birds enthusiastically collected straw pieces, leaves, fine fiber and completed  the nest in our backyard adjacent to the garden.

The nest was hanging on a thin climbing stem of money plant in the roof of the backyard. I wondered whether the nest will rest on a thin stem!.

Also I was more anxious about the safety of the birds due to the frequent visits of cats which are always wandering at our locality.

But nature's creatures are more perceptive than human in many aspects. The nest was in the middle of the backyard roof not accessible even when the cat jumps.

It was really a memorable lifetime experience for me to closely watch and capture the moments of bird life naturally through my house window itself.

I am always aware of ethics on photographing nesting birds. So, I took every care to not to disturb their activities in anyway.

Here is the collection of Photographs.

Mother bird brings some feed for the baby



One early morning, the mother bird accidentally entered into the dining hall through the back door and sat on the fan. I was lucky to get these shots at the bird's eye level itself. Thanks to the dining table, which provided me an elevated platform



It was totally confused by the new surrounding. Myself and the Bird - both were terribly confused. I could not find ways to send the bird out.  Even after my sons' loud shouting, the bird just went and sit on another blade of the fan.


.
At last an idea flashed. I switched off all lights. By looking at the sunlight outside the door, the bird flew away to its nest



All my family members eagerly waited for the new born in the bird family. First sight of the baby bird!



Baby bird sits on the wall and enjoys the morning sun



It was the father bird which tirelessly flew all the time and collected food for its baby.



It was really amazing for me to see how the father bird bends and adjusts its position to feed its young one



The sharp beaks of the father bird will never hurt the tender throat of the baby



Looking curiously for what?

.

Baby cries to its mother for food. No mother will never allow her baby crying for food. Mother bird starts immediately to collect food for its baby


Both the baby bird and myself were eagerly awaiting for the Mother bird's return.  After almost half an hour, mother came and feed the food.



The mother bird sends the feed deep into the young one's mouth



After the food, the baby relaxed for some time and cleaned its feathers



And finally it posed for me with a cute look. 

After capturing this photograph, along with its father, the baby bird flew away from my house.
...






No comments:

Post a Comment